

So, thanks to Uncle Jeff's super zoo board member status, we got a behind the scenes tour at the Indianapolis Zoo. I got smooched by a walrus. On the hand, only, folks. Nolan was a bit frightened by the beast's enormous size and ability to suck down little fish with surprising ease and speed and decided to stay in Daddy's arms. His favorite part was feeding the giraffes and we did get to see the Koala's eat their yummy eucalyptus and then go back to face plant sleeping in the trees.
We also saw Dave, Dana and Baby Bennett at a friend's pool. Nolan is turning into a little fish! After dinner I was too tired (too much walking, i think) to do much of anything. So, I missed the last Fringe show and the cast party too. Burd was too wiped out to go to Rib Fest. (ugh.) Oh well. Only about 6 more weeks of not being able to walk too far.
No comments:
Post a Comment