




I just did it. Izzy was looking like she was going to get out of the hospital on the 4th and so I booked the only flight I could find and afford. Burd had plans to be in NYC for the weekend, so why not? I packed up the kids and got on the plane... even after Burd's trip got canceled. And Izzy's homecoming got delayed... We weren't canceled or delayed! So we just did it. And it was so worth it. I got to see Great Grandma Keller on her birthday (along with Aunt Sue, Cindy, and Uncle Tom, and cousin Holly, Chris and Caralyn) But most important of all was meeting little Miss Izzy. I was no good at holding back the tears and even as I type I am tearing up again just cuz I miss her and it wasn't long enough. The second day I brought Nolan and Sylvi along to meet their cousin. She is sooo cute. You can see she's got her Mama's hair! We love her so much. And apparently meeting us did the trick. She she got home the day after we did! Ha! And she is back to laughing and giggling like the Izzy that we had heard so much about. We couldn't be happier for them. The better part of 6 weeks in the hospital sharing rooms with other families is a serious challenge! I am glad that it is over for them.
When we got home Sylvi started sitting up on her own. She was so happy to see Dada again. And I just found out why she was acting a bit funny and not sleeping well when we were there (and a bit of a fit on the plane too) She has a big ole ear infection! If she was that good on a plane with an ear infection I have no reservations about hopping on a flight or even driving out this summer!!! And she'll be sitting up at the beach, eating handfuls of sand no doubt!
Mad props and big thanks to those who helped make this easier for me... Burd, my girls at Motus Dance Theatre and Grammie and Pa. thank you! love you!
ps. the attic is still being worked on. Drywallers suck, as a general rule. Oi.
1 comment:
Such good news! It's so good to see smiles on everyone's faces!
Little Sylvi is looking more like her daddy! Can't wait to see you guys again!
J
Post a Comment