I heard on the radio in the car that the Pacers were having their annual Fan Appreciation Day, so we decided to stop by Conseco Fieldhouse to see what was going on...

That yellow thing near the top of this bad cell phone photo is Boomer, the Pacers' mascot, in the air doing a front flip dunk off of a trampoline. This was Nolan's favorite part of the event by far. Well, that and the fact that he got a free Pacers jersey (it was huge on him) and a free hot dog...

After the Pacers event, we cruised over to Pan-Am plaza and rode bikes in our favorite spot for awhile...

This is one of his new moves, in case you're wondering. While we were hanging out, we saw a bunch of hockey players going into the skating rink that's next to the plaza, and since Nolan seemed very "interstud" (as he says it) in them, I took him in to watch them for awhile. There was a club game going on, and he liked it so much that we sat there through two 20 minute quarters.

He did eventually take his helmet off, and he even started doing some quality play-by-play announcing during the game...
Him: "Dada, what's a three and a one again?"
Me: "Thirty-one."
Him: "Thirty-one has the puck... he hits it at the goalie, and the goalie falls down!"
The other people in the stands (all three of them) got a kick out of that, and as we were leaving, one of the goalies skated over and waved at Nolan, which he loved.
All in all, it was a fantastic day, the kind that I seriously wouldn't trade for anything in the world.
3 comments:
Is it possible that Nolan could become a puckhead?
PA
Well, Wayne Gretzky did graduate from Broad Ripple High School in '79...
I do realize that WG played for the Indy Racers in 78, I think. I was not aware that he was a product of BRHS. I thought he was from Ontario, where formal education was not a big part of his personal curriculum. You were not trying to pull a fast one over the Old Man, were you?
PA
Post a Comment